What is MTN Business Caller Feel?
MTN Business Caller Feel is an exciting prepaid and postpaid service through which businesses can advertise their products and services via customised Caller Feel impressions that will be displayed as SMS or USSD on the phone screen of the callers when a call connects to staff of the business.
Caller Feel impression can be used for various purposes such as:
- Product and Brand Advertising
- Business Status messaging
- Special messages to specific callers and host of other ways
- Ability to deliver the caller feel impression based on time
- Ability to control frequency of impression being delivered per staff number per time
- Ability to filter malicious or unfit content
- Ability to subscribe/unsubscribe from the service via SMS or web
- Service tips to guide how to use the service
- Automatic renewal with a configurable monthly fee
- Ability to query and set customized Caller Feel impression
- Ability to assign certain Caller Feel impression to different callers/group at different times
- Ability for administrator/ Telecoms Master to configure caller feel for the enterprise via the web.
- Business Communication: Such as status of product development and other business related activities
- Enterprise Branding/Imagery: advertises a company’s products and services at the most affordable rate.
- Create an e-Business Card: An enterprise can setup its staff members as a group with a single Call Feel impression (based on the business info to be communicated).
No of Impression Per Company
Price Per Impression
Maximum Number of MSISDNs
N2.50 per impression
200 (SME) and Unlimited (Corporate)
N200 (Per MSISDN)
200 (SME) and Unlimited (Corporate)
To access the service, kindly click to login
All You Need To Know
What are caller feel impressions?
Caller Feel impressions are text based messages that the caller sees on his phone when he calls the staff of the subscribing business customer. Once the customer is subscribed to the service, Caller Feel configured per staff number shall be pushed automatically to callers via SMS or USSD through staff numbers
How are these impressions configured?
These impressions are configured on the online customer self-service portal by the customer’s Telecoms Master (TM) of the subscribing business. The TM shall be able to;
- Assign Caller Feel impressions per staff. This means that different impressions can be seen by different callers
- Configure the system to set different impressions to be sent over a different time period
What methods can the impressions be seen by the caller?
The caller feel impressions shall be displayed via the following methods;
- USSD. This is where the caller sees a message displayed on his/ her phone while making the call to the staff of the business
- SMS. This is where SMS of the message is sent to the caller’s phone while making the call to the staff of the business
Who can subscribe to the service?
MTN Business Caller Feel will be available to all new and existing MTN Business customers on prepaid and postpaid plans
What types of price plans are available to customer?
Customers can subscribe to two categories of plan;
- Subscription based plan. This category of plan allows customer to send unlimited impressions per period by making weekly and monthly subscription fee options.
- Usage based plan. This category of plan allows customer to send fixed number of impressions per bundle plan
Is there a maximum number of impressions allowed?
Yes. The maximum number of Caller feel impressions allowed per business customer is 20 messages
Who can see the caller feel impressions?
The MTN Caller Feel impressions can be seen by on-net callers only
Who will not see the caller feel impressions?
The MTN Caller Feel impressions will not be seen by callers who;
- Make international calls
- Are roaming
How can customers get the service?
Customers will be able to subscribe to the service by contacting their Account Partners or by calling 08031021600 for assistance
How can customer pay for the service?
To pay for the service, customers simply pay cheque to activate and renew the service via their Account Partners
Does the system prevent the configuration of unwanted/ illicit messages?
Yes. The system will automatically filter out offensive/ inappropriate/ illegal content or language in order to prevent customers from using the service for illegal promotions
Which MTN numbers are allowed to be registered for the service?
The MTN Caller Feel service will be available for any MTN Phone Numbers e.g. Ported numbers, 0703, 0706, 0803, 0806, 0813, 0816, 0810 and 0814 number ranges
Which MTN numbers are not allowed to be registered for the service?
The MTN Caller Feel service will be available for the following numbers;
- VAS numbers
- MTNN short dial
What happens if the customer runs out of usage-based impressions?
If usage plan is opted for by the customer, the system shall cut off the service, when the customer runs out of impressions. In this case, the customer shall be contacted by the Account Partner to enable customer renew service
Will customer be informed of usage of impressions before being suspended?
Yes. Customer shall be sent SMS notification when s/he has used up 70% and 100% of the impressions
What are child numbers?
Child Numbers are referred to as staff numbers configured under each customer’s business caller feel account
How are child numbers registered on the system?
Child numbers are registered on and deleted from the system by the TM via the customer’s self-service portal
Can customer register any child number?
No. When a child number is being registered by the TM, a message shall be sent to the staff requesting permission to consent to the registration. If the customer does not consent to the registration, the number shall not be registered; else the number shall be registered
What happens if a child desires to be removed from the Enterprise Caller Feel?
If a child originally consented to be part of the Enterprise’s caller feel service, then the child shall be required to contact the customer admin to be removed from the caller feel service.
What happens if the child number already operates the Personal Caller Feel service?
If a Child Number already operates his/ her own personal MTN Caller Feel, this shall not affect its addition to the Business Caller Feel service. This means that the Personal Caller Feel and the Business Caller Feel service can both be operable on a Child Number. However, if the staff does not want to operate the Business caller feel on his personal caller feel number, s/he can reject the registration. If the child number operates both business and personal caller feel, the Business Caller Feel of the child number shall take precedence over the personal caller feel
When customer is suspended from service, what does this mean?
Suspension means that once the customer runs out of bundle on the Usage based billing or does not renew under the subscription based billing, the impressions shall cease to reflect during calls. Customer shall be notified and required to renew plans for Usage based plan at 100% notification or manually informed by the Account Partner to renew for Subscription based customers
How does the customer cancel the service?
The customer will be able to opt-out or cancel the service via their Account Partner. Once the service has been canceled, the customer will receive a notification to that effect
How does the customer manage the service online?
The customer is able to manage the service via the self-service web portal
How can customer access the self-service web portal?
On activation of the service, customer shall be provided with the web link, their username and password which the Telecom Master shall use to access the portal to manage the service
What functions are available on the web portal?
On the web portal, the customer’s TM will be able to;
- Manage caller feel impressions
- Create and Manage groups of child numbers
- Manage child numbers in the group that can view the caller feel impressions
- Pull reports on number of caller feel impressions, audit logs, Child number list and subscription information
- Configure Customized Caller Feel messages per registered Child Number
- View history
- Update impressions
- Modify Password
- Impression Search
- View Help service and FAQ
Can customer configure impressions per child number over a specific period?
Yes. It will be possible for the TM to configure Caller Feel impressions to be effective in a certain period per Child number. For example, if a customer needs to run a promo for two days on to be seen by callers to specific child number starting from 28/07/2015, the impression could read; “Buy 3 drinks and get one free. This offer ends 30/07/2015”. When the customer does this, the chosen impression will be displayed when the Caller or Caller Group calls. Once the period elapses, the customer’s original impression will resume
Can customer configure multiple impressions for different child numbers?
Yes. The customer shall be able to configure multiple impressions to be viewed by different callers, configured per single or per group of child numbers. For example, impression 1 can be configured to be viewed by callers to child number 1, impression 2 can be viewed by callers to child number 2 and content 3 can be configured to be viewed by callers to child number 3, 6, 7, 8 at any time of the day
Can customer configure multiple impressions for different child numbers per specific time?
The customer shall be able to configure multiple impressions to be viewed by different caller per time, configured per single or per group of child numbers. For example, impression 1 can be configured to be viewed by callers to child number 1, impression 2 can be viewed by callers to child number 2 and impression 3 can be configured to be viewed by callers to child numbers 3, 6, 7, 8 between 12pm and 3pm
- The customer cannot access the self-administration web portal?
The following may be responsible for this;
- The customer should confirm that the computer’s internet access is working
- The customer should confirm that the web link to portal service is correct
- If the customer is connecting to the internet from a LAN point, the customer should confirm that the LAN cables are correctly plugged into the PC
- If the customer is connecting via Wi-Fi, the customer should confirm that the Wi-Fi on the PC has been enabled
- If the customer is still unable to connect, the customer should call Customer Care on 0803 10 21600 (Enter Customer Code 220)
- The customer is unable to login
- The customer should confirm entering the correct username and password
- If the customer still unable to connect, the customer should call Customer Care on 0803 10 21600 (Enter Customer Code 220)
- The customer does not receive username and password for access to the portal
- The customer should confirm that the username and password are being retrieved from the email address provided during registration
- If the customer still experiences difficult, the customer should call Customer Care on 0803 10 21600 (Enter Customer Code 220)